Basic RequirementsIn general, prospective volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old*
- Complete the required Volunteer Application forms
- Meet in-person with Volunteer Program staff
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be able to make the necessary time commitment. Most programs require at least a 6 month commitment.
- Provide a current Tuberculosis (TB) clearance
Aquarium Interpreter Volunteer Training: January 14 - 30, 2014
Gift Shop Volunteers Needed Thursdays 1pm-5pm. Training scheduled individually.
How to Apply
- Contact the Volunteer Program Office at 440-9020 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about your program of interest. We will provide additional information about the application and training process. All prospective volunteers must also meet in person with Volunteer Program staff.
- Download the required Volunteer Application forms. Completed applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com or faxed to 808-923-1771 (ATTN: Volunteer Program). Applications can also be mailed or delivered in person to:
Attn: Volunteer Program
2777 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
- Applications can also be completed in-person during a meeting with Volunteer Program staff.
- Please contact the Volunteer Program Office at 440-9020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like additional information about our volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer BenefitsBecoming a regular volunteer at the Waikīkī Aquarium brings many rewards:
- "Making a difference" to staff, visitors and marine life
- Extensive training provided by qualified staff
- Continuing education opportunities
- Gift shop and education program discounts
- Formal recognition of volunteer contributions; including invitations to annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, Holiday Party, certificates, letters of recommendation upon request, etc.
- Friends of the Waikiki Aquarium membership; which includes free admission, special event notices, facility rental privileges, subscription to our quarterly newsletter Kilo i’a, and much more!